
We were in the dark for a few hours Friday night. A rare electrical storm lighted up our skies for quite a while in the afternoon. Then at 6:25 PM our lights flickered with a power surge where 90% of the island lost power. We were blissfully unaware of other's plight until at 8:30 PM our power went out. When we checked the radio we found that our area is on Grid ONE (last off, first on! yay.) So at 3 AM our power came back. Though there were still many without power until noon.
It was a welcome wake up call for emergency preparedness for our family. Not to mention, what do we do when we can't watch T.V. or blog!? The whole experience turned out to be a lot of fun, each of the children had a flashlight and we had a few candles burning that made everything smell really nice. Clesson and the children played Pokemon cards and Gabriel jumped out and spooked Izack really good. Laughter was everywhere.
Honestly, I can't complain.
Then this morning Clesson realized that though we have power, cable was still out . . . .until noon and now the football bowl games are on and I'm blogging again.







1 comment:
I have the best childhood memories of black outs in Hawaii. The family is forced to spend quality time together. I love it!
And yes what an eye opener for emergency preparedness.
I'm glad you are all safe!
Post a Comment