The Conch Bearer(book 1) - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni *** Apr09 My first venture into India's culture from a YA perspective.
A Bend in the Road - Nicholas Sparks **** Apr09 Tried and True Nicholas Sparks. Good love story with an underlying mystery. Listened to the audio book.
Men of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong ****Apr09 fantasy
Club Dead(book 3) - Charlaine Harris ***Apr09 Less Bill the vampire = more enjoyable. Southern vampire series. quirky.
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood * Apr09 What a bunch of angry-feminist driven drivel. sheesh.
Living Dead in Dallas(book 2) - Charlaine Harris ***Apr09 Southern vampire series. quirky.
City of Glass(book 3) - Cassandra Clare **** Apr09. Been on a roll with wonderful YA fantasy books. This is the final book in a captivating series.
Eldest(book 2) - Christopher Paolini ***** Apr09 EXCELLENT audiobook. Listened during workouts Mar & Apr. Can't wait to get my hands on Brisingr.
Broken - Kelley Armstrong *** Apr09
Dead Until Dark(book 1) - Charlaine Harris **** Apr09 Southern vampire. ha ha ha
The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel - Diane Setterfield **** Feb09 This book is like reading a grown-up V. C. Andrew's novel. Think Flowers in the Attic: an academic's version.
Cravings - Eileen Wilks *** Feb09 I picked up this book for the second story out of the four. Fantasy.
The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen **** Feb09 Such an intelligent novel. The author is a former internist. She's very descriptive in the autopsy room Ah, ya. But it was a fast-paced thriller.
The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks **** Feb09 Why, Nicholas Sparks do you play with my emotions so?!? Good book. Listened on CD. There's a reason for why the demand for this book at the library is so high.February Book Club
The Girl Who Could Fly - Victoria Forester ***** Jan09 Recommended by Stephenie Meyer. This was a really great book. If you liked The Goosegirl I think you'll like this one, too.
Blue Noon(book 3) - Scott Westerfeld *** Jan09 Final book in the series. YA spooky suspense.
On the Prowl - Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks **** Jan09 four short stories by four authors. I picked up the book for the first story and read the second, too.
Industrial Magic(book 4) - Kelley Armstrong *** Jan09 The author departed from the characters of the first two books and now I'm hanging with the series to get to book 6 where it picks up with the story line I like.
Princess Academy - Shannon Hale ***** Jan09 I loved this book. I'll be reading it again. It's a book I look forward to seeing my daughter read. Full of lyrical prose and imagination.March Book Club
Dark Challenge(book 5) - Christine Feehan *** Jan09 Carpathians are cool. This one was very syrupy, however.
The Star Garden(book 3) - Nancy E. Turner ***** Jan09 EXCELLENT series. HIGHLY recommended.
River Secrets(book 3) - Shannon Hale ***** dec08 This series is an instant classic. I love them.
Carpathian Series Books 1, 2 - Christine Feehan Oct08 ***
Valhalla Rising - Clive Cussler Sep08 **** Just when you think it will slow down so you can take a breath there's more action. Good book.
Dark Prince(Carpathian Series book 1) - Christine Feehan Sep08 ***
Twilight Begins(books 1 & 2) - Maggie Shayne Sep08 *** total fluff. I don't know what I was thinking. . .well, it was the title that sold me. Ha ha. Pales in comparrison.
The Last Oracle(Sigma Force book 5) - James Rollins Sep08 *** Anti-bio-terroristic scientists with guns. Pretty good.
Vengence in Death(book 6) - J. D. Robb Sep08 ***** A futuristic, murder-mystery. My favorite of the series so far. Book #60 in 2008
Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (books 2 - 6) - J. R. Ward **** Aug08 spicy, paranormal romance, fluff
Sarah's Quilt - Nancy E. Turner Aug08 ***** Excellent. Highly Recommended. A favorite
Ceremony in Death(book 5) - J. D. Robb *** July08 not the best of the series.
Iron Kissed(book 3) - Patricia Briggs *** July08 The first two books were just a warm-up to this more intensely interesting book in the series. (urban fantasy)
Blood Bound(book 2) - Patricia Briggs *** July08 Mercy Thompson has to go fight the vampires now. What's a girl to do? (urban fantasy)
The Testament - John Grisham **** Jun08 A good page turner. Recommended.
Rapture in Death(book 4) - J. D. Robb **** Jun08 Good addition to the series.
Moon Called(book 1) - Patricia Briggs *** Jun08 Clean. Interesting series. Supernatural with a believable modern, human, day-to-day story.
Immortal in Death(book 3) - J. D. Robb *** Jun08 A futuristic, bawdy, murder-mystery.
Sunday's at Tiffany's - James Patterson **** May08 A sweet, modern, fairy-tale, love-story with a cherry on top.
Gathering Blue(book 2) - Lois Lowry *** May08 Reads like a disparaging dream. Or maybe it just kept putting me to sleep.
Glory in Death(book 2) - J. D. Robb **** May08 The characters are growing on me. Bring on book #3.
Imperial Woman - Pearl S. Buck May08 **** I felt like I just took an AP course on the Manchu Dynasty. This story is about the last Empress of China. A wealth of knowledge. Very fulfilling.
The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls May08 **** Intriguing memoir of an adult having lived her childhood with astonishingly careless parents and how her choices break the mold.
The Host - Stephenie Meyer May08 ***** REALLY GOOD.
The Last Promise - Richard Paul Evans May08 **** Ah, Amore. Viva Italia.
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory May08 ***** What a scandalous romp. I devoured this book.
Stollen(book 2) - Kelley Armstrong Apr08 *** Mush and Fluff. Easy reading. *werewolves + witches + a vampire. Oh, my.
Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer Apr08 *** Elementary, end-of-the-world, apocalyptic, fiction from a 16 year-old's point of view.
Naked in Death - J. D. Robb Apr08 *** A futuristic, raunchy, murder-mystery, romance.
Bitten - Kelley Armstrong Apr08 **** Pure adrenaline and mush. A fun reprieve from my serious reads of late. *werewolves
Kindred - Octavia E. Butler Apr08 **** The fantasy of time travel combined with the reality of pre-civil war slavery. Excellent.
The Woods - Harlan Coben Apr08 **** Ooooooh, good one. Mystery, twists and turns, Harlan Coben delivers.
Playing for Pizza - John Grisham Apr08 *** Think testosterone laced ravioli.
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger Apr08 *** Finally complete. I read the last 1/2 from where I stopped last year. It's kinda 'R' rated. 0:-/
Extras (Book 4) - Scott Westerfeld Apr08 *** A cool concept, though a step away from the original trilogy.
The Giver - Lois Lowry 30Mar08 *** An answer to "what would happen if all our choices were taken away."
Missing Persons - Stephen White Mar08 *** A who-done-it from a psychiatrist's point of view. Led into some ethical challenges for the protagonist. Unique to other murder mysteries I've read.
The Magic Garden - Gene Stratton-Porter Mar08 *** Oh, the drama of a pampered child. Sadly, she had everything but love. Published in 1927.
Specials (Book 3) - Scott Westerfeld Mar08 *** good. less 'bubbly' more 'bogus-making' ha.
Pretties (Book 2) - Scott Westerfeld Mar08 **** "Totally Bubbly"
The Road - Cormac McCarthy Mar08 ***** deeply tragic, moving. A father and son's journey fraught with peril. I felt their life was dependant upon me turning the pages. I couldn't put it down
Peeps - Scott Westerfeld Mar08 *** Parasites, anyone? Might have learned more than I wanted.
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld Mar08 **** Worth the read. A great young adult sci-fi. I'd recommend it to teenagers. Nothing inappropriate. Thought provoking and a good conversation starter.
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett Feb08 *** What a journey. 950+ pages. It's a five star story with some one star medieval violence and crude language throughout :-/
A Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (I'm reading it with Cloe) Dec07 *** cute, kinda slow at times
Sandstorm by James Rollins Dec07 *** It was okay. Mr. Rollins writes good books. They are just a little too much to take back-to-back. Book #1 in the Sigma Force Series
Subterranean by James Rollins Nov07 *** His first novel. Nice effort. Very different. (To be fair, I'm still stuck on the Twilight Saga. It seems like everything else just pales in comparrison.)
Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer Oct07 ****** Wow, so good. This whole series is so consuming. In a great way. Where's the FOURTH book?!?! I just read 1690+ pages in 7 days.
New Moon - Stephenie Meyer Oct07 ****** Excellent! Excellent!Oh, I'm reading these too fast. They'll be over too soon!
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer Oct07 ****** I LOVE THIS BOOK!Can't wait to read the next two.
P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern Oct07 **** excellent. Hopefully the movie will do it justice!
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte Oct07 **** classic * smooth * genuine goodness *
Walking Across Egypt - Clyde Edgerton Sep07 *** southern charm with most things PC out the window :-+
Ella Minnow Pea - Mark Dunn Sep07 *** unique, don't be tempted to skip to the end. So glad I didn't.
5 comments:
Too Cool! Congrats to both!
Congratulations! How exciting! I was very tempted to break out my "heavy jacket" too!;)
I'm so proud of you both!
Congratulations Izack and Cloe! We love you and are so proud of you both!
Joy, did you want in the giveaway or were you just giving 'craft love'?
Post a Comment