Saturday, March 01, 2008

I've been BOOK TAGGED =D

My friend Amber Standage Book Tagged me! How fun!

The rules...
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the fifth sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.


To many of you it will come as no surprise that the closest book to me was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. On page 123 the 5th complete sentence reads:
"I purposefully lumped myself in with the youngsters, trying to make it clear that I preferred Jacob."

Okay, I tag: My sisters-in-law Amber and Jenny Lemmons, the friend who has a million friends and so passing this task on to just 5 will be a piece of cake: Molly Koch, my walkin' buddy of late: Cortney Nadig, and my fellow book clubber friend that I miss because you Aloha O'eed us: Elizabeth Baldwin.

3 comments:

steve austin said...

You are an avid reader so maybe you can help me. The Sister Hinckley quote that you have on your site...I can't find any where that she actually said it.

I have only been able to find it in a talk by Linda Bentley Johnson given at the 1997 BYU Women's Conference called Steak and Spam Service.

http://deseretbook.com/mormon-life/news/story?story_id=6999

Have you read it in Sister Hinckley's writings?

Thanks for your help.

~ Joy ~ said...

Wow. Now I'm on a mission to legitimize that quote. I know I copied it from another's blog, and would have copied the reference as well if there was one.

I certainly don't want to perpetuate a quote that was not properly sited.

Thank you for calling this to my attention.

Sabrina said...

I sooo love that you're quote was about Jacob too. I love Jacob.

Did I mention how much I love Jacob? :)