Thursday, May 22, 2008

~*~*~ How Appropriate ~*~*~

This is a picture of my copy of New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Many of you know how much I thoroughly enjoy the Twilight Series based on a girl named Bella and her relationship with a family of "vegetarian vampires." How poetic then that my sweet friend's beautiful young daughter took a bite out of this book. Seriously, once I thought about it I had a good laugh. Ah, truly this is life imitating art.

My friend graciously and emphatically said she would replace my book but seriously, ~How Appropriate~ that there is a bite missing from this book. I may have the rest in the series branded the same way. . . I stress the word may. ha!

. . .and then what did I do once I got home with my book? Yet again devoured every juicy word. Ms. Meyer you have a gift.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that! ...and, i totally understand. I have seen the twilight trailer too many times to count. lol sometimes 5xs a day. oh well... What are you going to do when the special edition of eclipse comes out with the first chapter of breaking dawn? I already own eclipse, but the only way to read that first chapter is through the special edition. I'm sort of hoping maybe a friend will buy and then I can bum it off of them for that chapter. lol

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

This cracked me up. And the thing that proves just how hooked I am...I read the page before I commented on the blog...lol

~ Joy ~ said...

Sisters, I knew y'all would totally relate! no pun intended. lol

HaYn Mama said...

That is so funny! Children's actions can just crack the stink outta me!

Elizabeth Baldwin said...

Hey Joy, Did you see this website? It's got parts of Breaking Dawn! http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20203238,00.html?iid=top25-20080530-Stephenie+Meyer%3A+Exclusive+book+preview (I think you'll have to copy and paste it in the browser.) Enjoy!