Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet


What a great, great man. Please follow the link for a wonderful tribute to our very beloved prophet.





My treasured photos with President and Sister Hinckley at BYU-Hawaii in 1996.

The BYUH catering staff were able to serve President and Sister Hinckley lunch in February 1996. That's Brother Doyle and Sister Lola Walker on the ends. I got to stand next to Pres. and Sister Hinckley and that's my dear friend Aura Metcalf standing next to me. And that's BYUH Chef Etisone 'Junior' and his brother Willy Uiva'a beside Bro. Walker. ;-) Junior was so humbly nervous and excited to prepare that special meal.
Here President Hinckley is signing "Faith: The Essence of True Religion" for my father. The following week was my father's birthday. He sure was surprised.

2 comments:

HaYn Mama said...

Thank you for sharing your moment. That must have been so special. I can only imagine how excited you must have felt. Isn't he just like a grandpa?! I'll miss him tons too.

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

I learned the news from your blog this morning. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories with us.