The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
6 Facts about me
1. I love to read. This is no surprise. I'm trying my best to move on from the Twilight Saga. . . Other than Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer my other favorite books are Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux. More life affirming favorites: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and The Holy Scriptures.
2. When I was in college I was broke nearly all the time. I was so poor I couldn't afford the $12 cap & gown fee. So I didn't walk when I got my Associates Degree at Ricks College. By the time I graduated from BYU-Hawaii I'd learned about credit cards. ;-)
3. My favorite job after High School was working for Tysinger Dodge and Mercedes Benz. I was their 'Runner.' I would pick up parts, take customers home, pick them up when their car was finished and basically go get anything the managers needed. I met the most interesting people. There were the downtown Newport News Dodge truck crowd and the upscale Williamsburg Kingsmill Benz owning saviour-fare. In all honesty, they all got the same level of service from me. At 19, I was just happy to be paid to drive.
4. Up until a few years ago, My dad lead me to believe I was related to Pocahontas. Well, the genealogy didn't pan out so well after all. LOL! I am grateful to say I do have American Indian blood from both parents. My Mom's great-grandmother was nicknamed 'squaw.' She was full Cherokee Indian. (I don't know what happened to me. I don't have near a bit of a tan!)
Between Clesson and I, our children are 1/8 Hawaiian, 1/8 Filipino, 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 German, at least 1/32 American Indian and I'm still trying to figure out the rest!
5. I love puzzles, word games and pop culture from the 80s and 90s. I love to quote movie lines and guess 'what else that actor's played in.' Don't get me started with The Princess Bride, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure or Clue!
6. My name, JOY, was given to me by my dad. From the Book of Mormon scripture 2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell, that men might be, and men are that they might have joy." My dad let my mom know that their first daughter would be named Joy because of this scripture. This was major news to my mom because he hadn't even proposed yet. . .not to mention he was still on his mission.
Another fact that I find so fun: My Mother-in-Law's name is Gloria and my Sister-in-Law's name is Delight. There's a lot of Hallelujah in the Paet Family! LOL!
Okay my dear friends tag your it: Amber L., Andrea J., Kanoe, Molly K., Cortney, Kaipo







1 comment:
You three Paet women are your own Hallelujah choir! I love it. Thanks for tagging me. . . (imagine me sticking my tongue out and making raspberry sounds). . . I'll get on blogging my six facts today!
You crack me up! love love!
Post a Comment